Click on any picture to enlarge it

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 3: Tell Me I'm Not the Only Person Who Sees Something Wrong With This

January 3
Came across this gem while shopping with my daughters.  Seriously?  His t-shirt says "the Ultimate Boyfriend" in several different languages.  What age are they marketing these to?  The box says 5+, but there's no way Ellie would be remotely interested in one of these monstrosities.  Are there 5-year-olds who would?  And what message are they sending here?  That the ultimate boyfriend is one that only says what you make him say?  Oh, I could go on all day.  But instead I'll just mock it on the internet and hope that somehow I've made a difference.

Also, Sweet Talkin' Ken on the right is looking a little trashy compared to Ken on the left.  Just an observation.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - the one on the left DOES look pretty trashy! What's wrong with Matel?! This is one of the most sexist toys I've seen! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One important point although most 5-year-olds wouldn't be interested, why would you want them to be interested in this?

    ReplyDelete