Click on any picture to enlarge it

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15: Tea Party!

January 15
Today is our friend Anna's birthday, and she invited Lexi and Ellie (and their dolls) to an English tea party to celebrate, complete with mini cakes, scones with jam and cream, and cucumber sandwiches.  It made me miss England!  I wish the doll cake had been turned the other direction for this shot, because it was amazing, but the little tea cakes are also amazing.  Anna's mom is a fabulous cook and hostess, and we had a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. What an honor (honour!) to be featured! And I LOVE this picture - I don't have any from this angle. It makes the food look especially good! Your girls were delightful as always and Anna adores them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a cucumber sandwich but have read about them for years. I am curious as to what exactly is in them and how to make them. Ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I just realized that day 16 last year was from Anna's birthday party! You've become a regular! And it certainly doesn't take any photography skills to make the food look good - you do that all on your own!

    Em, cucumber sandwiches are just peeled and thinly sliced cucumbers between two pieces of buttered white bread. Simple and very refreshing - excellent tea party fare!

    ReplyDelete