Click on any picture to enlarge it

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 202: Lost in North Portland

July 21
I was taking Vicki and her friend Kate to Kate's grandma's house for a sleepover, but I'm not familiar with this part of town at all.  I decided to rely on the GPS instead of looking at a map and got a little jumpy and took the wrong freeway exit.  We were forced to cross this bridge (which, thanks for Vicki's 3rd grade teacher, I know is the St. John's bridge) (ETA: No, it's not.  It's the Fremont Bridge.  Which I knew.  I swear.) twice and then drove past it several more times because the GPS kept telling me, in her oh-so-friendly way, to make a U-turn where U-turns weren't possible.  We finally found the grandma's house, though, and made it home completely uneventfully.  Whew.

2 comments:

  1. Back to 3rd grade with you! It is the Fremont. The St. John's is farther down river and connects to the neighborhood known as... St. John's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I called it the Fremont bridge the whole time we were driving around by it! I wonder why I called it St. John's this time. Well, we can chalk it up to the fact that I didn't learn about the Portland bridges in 3rd grade, seeing as how they didn't teach that in Oklahoma.

    And now I'm editing it, so everyone who reads the comments after this will just be really confused :)

    ReplyDelete