Click on any picture to enlarge it

Friday, December 31, 2010

365 Days...

Well, I did it.

Okay, fine, I almost did it.

Out of 365 days this year, there were only four that I didn't take any pictures at all.  Not too bad.

I'd say this project was a success.

I had a lot of fun doing it, too.  Yes, it was challenging at times.  I don't feel like there was always something all that interesting to take pictures of.  Sometimes my picture of the day was whatever I could quickly get a shot of before the clock struck midnight.  In fact, I almost called the whole thing off on Day 2.  But I didn't, and I'm glad.  I would really have regretted it.  Sometimes my picture was actually pretty awesome.

As much as I would love a bigger, fancier camera, the nice thing about only owning a point-and-shoot is that it's easily portable.  It fits fairly well in my pocket or purse.  I'm getting used to being that crazy person who takes pictures of everything and everyone, although I still feel like the paparazzi sometimes.

After the novelty of the project wore off, the girls got tired of me taking pictures of them all the time.  All. the. time.  But the last couple of months they've gotten back on board.  They'll remind me to bring my camera, and sometimes they'll suggest things for me to take pictures of.  Chris has been incredibly supportive, putting up with the constant picture-taking, the ridiculous amount of pictures I'm constantly unloading onto the computer (we actually ran out of memory on our old computer a few times before I got them transferred to a disc), and my obsessive need to keep the blog as up-to-date as possible.  So I guess you could say in a way it's become a family project.  I like that.

I'm excited for another year's worth of pictures.  My goal is to do better than this year.  That means more than 361 days.  Can I do it?

Only time will tell...

But it's almost 2011 and I'm feeling optimistic, so...


Here's me hoping for another great year of Project 365!

Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment